NEPA Environmental Reviews
New York State – HUD Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery Program (CBDG-DR)
Our staff has experience working on HUD CDBG-DR environmental reviews under NEPA, SEQR, and CEQR after Hurricanes Sandy and Irene and Tropical Storm Lee for the New York Governor’s Office of Storm Recovery, NYS Homes and Community Renewal and NYS Housing Trust Fund Corporation.
Community Reconstruction (CR) Program
Our staff brings experience from working on the following projects, including the first CR project ever completed:
- Village of Johnson City, Broome County, NY – Anna Maria Drive Ditch Storm Water Management Project (performed on a fast-track making it the first CR project completed in the Program);
- Town of Jay, Essex County, NY – Rome Dam Removal Project;
- Town of Vestal, Broome County, NY – Robert Street Stormwater Pump Station Upgrade;
- Town of Babylon, Suffolk County, NY – Copiague American Venice Bridges Improvements;
- Town of New Paltz, Ulster County, NY – Carmine Liberta Bridge;
- Town of Clarkstown, Rockland County, NY – Cranford Drive Drainage Improvements;
- Town of Endicott, Broome County, NY – Central Endicott Drainage Improvements;
- Town of Rosendale, Ulster County, NY – James Street Flood Control and Washington Park Stormwater Improvements;
- Town of Union, Broome County, NY – Refuse Garage Relocation;
- Town of Blooming Grove, Orange County, NY – Central Maintenance Garage Relocation;
- Town of Hempstead, Nassau County, NY – The Path to the Park: Shoreline Improvements in South Valley Stream;
- Nassau County, NY – South of Sunrise Highway Road Raisings;
- Village of Bayville, Nassau County, NY – Pump Stations;
- Village of Margaretville, Delaware County, NY – Scotts Brook Culvert Repairs;
- Town of Saugerties, Ulster County, NY – Harden Malden Sewer Plant Against Flooding;
- Town of Hempstead, Nassau County, NY – Lido Beach Point Lookout Rehabilitation and Revetment Project; and
- Fire Island National Seashore (FINS), Fire Island, Suffolk County, NY – Fire Island Reconstruction of Interior Routes for Emergency Travel.
Small Business Recovery Program
Our staff brings experience gained from managing this Program:
- Managed the NY Rising Small Business Recovery Program from 2014 to Program’s close in 2018 with strict deadlines (279 cases total completed).
- Provided timely and responsive client management with GOSR.
- Conducted technical and QA/QC reviews for NEPA, SEQR and CEQR environmental reviews and other environmental and cultural resource management services.
- Ensured compliance with GOSR and HUD requirements in Elations and contract administration.
Housing Assistance, Affordable Housing and Buyout and Acquisition Programs
Ms. Gievers has extensive experience from the start of the NYS CDBG-DR HUD funding administration and environmental reviews which included the Housing Assistance and Buyout and Acquisition Programs. She also has worked on Affordable Housing projects for GOSR and NYS Homes and Community Renewal.
- Created the process for completion and organization of Tier 2 forms and other documentation, and drafted training documents.
- Managed the NEPA Tier 2 process for NYS Rising Single-family Housing Assistance Program.
- Trained and coordinated 100s of subcontractors’ employees (AKRF, Tetra Tech, D&B, Sanborn Head, JAD Environmental, Historical Information Gatherers, etc.) and staff on the completion of Tier 2 forms, GIS maps and supplemental documentation (historical, HUD, CBRS, ESA, lead, asbestos, wetlands, etc.).
- Tracked over 10,000 applicants’ files for daily reporting to the NY Governor’s Office of Storm Recovery.
- Proofread and edited Tier 1 Programmatic Environmental Assessments for NY disaster counties.
- Performed legal research and edited the Tier 2 documents to reflect NY laws.
- Set records on finishing Tier 2s in a timely manner so that $252 million could be distributed in 6 months to homeowners who suffered losses from the storms.
Between 9/15/2013 and 6/30/2014, ProSource and its team of subconsultants prepared and reviewed 11,514 NEPA Tier 2 Checklists for the Housing Assistance Program. In addition, during that time, ProSource and its team of subconsultants prepared and reviewed 1,327 Tier 2 Checklists and Phase I ESA reports for the Buyout and Acquisition Programs.